Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Venizia!

I arrived yesterday in Venice and immediately set out after arriving at my hostel. I was able to do a tour of the Doge's Palace and prisons before it closed and did alot of walking...including getting lost for a bit before accidentaly finding my way back to the hostel! Today also included, again, lots of walking and lots of sightseeing. I took a quick elevator ride up the bell tower in St. Marks square and then took the vaparetto over to the island of Murano..famous for it's glass. I spent a good 4 hours wandering the streets and alleyways of Murano underneath the beautiful venetian sun. After making it back to the mainland of Venice, i did more walking and got into the Accademia gallery for free and got to incorporate some art into the day! Gelato at the Florence inport Grom was a wonderful delight...was introduced to Grom by Kristin and her roommates back in Firenze. I just finished a heavy dinner here at the hostel and am about to wander around to see Venice and night and listen to the dueling orchestras in St. Marks Square!!

CIAO CIAO

No comments: