Wednesday, April 15, 2009

just thinking...and this is what happens...

Sometimes I forget how incredibly blessed I am. I am only 22 years old and have already been to numerous places I didn't think I would see until much later in life. My family supports my decisions and are my backbone in life; my friends are there for me...whether they know it or not; and my ultimate Savior is constantly showing Himself to me in new and glorious ways....especially when I least expect it. As these past few weeks have flown by since I left my English home, my life has been transformed. I know that it's easy to imagine a transformation taking place while hoofing it around Europe, but even I didn't know the changes that could occur. I have seen more of what the world holds, its treasures and its struggles. A morning walk could lead into a realization of something more I want out of my life.
Having this week in Cannes to rest and rejuvenate has been such a blessing, especially when I wasn't even sure it was something I wanted to do. I know that my transition to Austria is going to be a little bit easier having been going going going for the past month, and knowing a few people there already will be such a help. The transition that I am beginning to wonder about is that of my return to the States. I've tried not to think about it too much, simply because I don't want to wish and worry my next few months away, but with the world and economy at the place it is, I can't help but think about the future.
I'm looking forward to the little things i've taken for granted; driving a car, late night restaurants where you can go in your sweats, downtown San Carlos...I never realized how close it really is to my parents house, a grocery store where everything you need is at your fingertips, going to the movies, coffee with friends(where I don't have to double the price to see what i'm really paying), familiar brand names, trips to San Francisco, cooking my own meals, bicycle riding, renting a movie, the US Dollar...
Strange to think that my life will revolve around such different things in a few months. I like that I have had this year to ponder what the future might hold and I love that I have gained a little bit of insight into what I would like to see myself doing. Now, let's just hope and pray that the economy will pick up and the job market will like me!

No comments: