Monday, April 20, 2009

GELATO!!

Today was another full day of fun and adventures! Kristin took me up to her favorite spot in Florence, the Piazzale Michelangelo, which has the best overlook view atop the whole city of Florence! It was an absolutely incredible spot and could instantly see why she loves it so much! I would definitely recommend it to anybody planning a visit in the future to Florence...it is well worth the hike!
Later this evening we had our daily gelato at our 3rd spot. Friday was a cone of Hazelnut Chocolate and Stracciatella from Vestri's. Saturday was a cup of Chocolate Caffe and Crema from the delicious Vivoli's. Today was a trip to Grom and a cone of Caffe and Crema di Grom(a creamy base with chunks of chocolate and Grom's homemade biscotti!) Three different delicacies that are completely uncomparable...trust me, these Florentines KNOW how to do gelato!
After some tasty soup made by one of Kristin's roomies...we decided to head out for an evening stroll and of course ended up getting gelato...her rommates fave spot is Grom so we headed back there. I'll admit I had my second cone of the day :-) Couldn't pass up a combination of Caffe and a delicious concoction of dark chocolate!!!

Let's just say....I am going to miss gelato!!!

No comments: