Saturday, November 8, 2008

Capernwray

It's hard to believe that six weeks have passed since I left the sunny shores of California. In that month and a half, my life has changed to a level that I didn't even know would have been possible in that amount of time.
After an interesting moment at customs, I made it into my new home country for the next few months and spent an exciting three days in London. Exploring one of my favorite cities for those three days was such a great experience and I was so happy to have the time alone to explore. I got to see the sights, spend time in my favorite museums and even see a show!! The fact that I did it all in such a short amount of time is still astonishing to me now. :-)
Capernwray Hall is a phenomenal building and I still have to pinch myself with the truth that I live in a castle. The main house, contains girls bedrooms, the loung, library, prep room, and common room, laundry room, and a whole other host of rooms, with a courtyard enclosed with the boys rooms. Our dining hall, sports hall, swimming pool, and conference hall (where lectures are held) are all just a quick walk out the back door of the main house.
My roomies are amazing and we get on extremely well, we are of varied home lands, USA, Canada, Slovakia, and England. It's amazing how God seemed to know exactly who we needed to be blessed with and put us together for a reason.
Friendships have been a huge blessing here and although it helps with making it feel more like home here, it makes me miss home and friends left back in the states a bit more at the same time. So make sure you all know how much I love and miss you all!

No comments: