Saturday, November 8, 2008

SCOTLAND!!!

Edinburgh climbed the list of my favorite cities after this past weekend! A three hour train ride took me and my two travel buddies up into Edinburgh last Friday and like every new place, we were a bit lost at first, but once we gained our bearings, we were pros of navigating the city. I loved everything about being in a big city again! It seemed strange at first to be surrounded by the bustling of people, traffic, and fellow tourists! It was also quite a bit of fun to do some shopping as well ;-)
Being seperated from my friends was actually quite sad, but it became evident pretty quickly that I was enjoying the seperation from a massive group of people. On Saturday, we woke up and spent a few hours hiking up St. Arthur's Seat and got to take some beautiful photographs of the view of the whole of Edinburgh. If anyone is thinking about traveling the Scotland, this hike was absolutely amazing and well worth the effort, trust me, I managed and was not at all wearing appropriate footwear!
Sunday we spent on a mMercedes mini coach on a 9 hour tour of Loch Lomond, The Trussachs, and even Stirling, where we got to tour the Stirling Castle and view the William Wallace Monument (Braveheart)!!
It was hard to get on the train and return to Capernwray, mainly because I loved being in a hub again and being surrounded by other people who I don't see every day. Living in a small community really takes a lot of me at this point. So after a very eventful weekend, this past week has seemed pretty slow. We all had fun telling eachother stories about our different adventures and seeing pictures of trips to other places. Even though we are so close to Scotland, traveling is hard, but I certainly hope that I will be able to make it back to a country that contains some awesome family heritage!!!!

No comments: