Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Internet is BACK!!!!

After a week of a media/internet/ipod/film fast, the internet is back with a vengeance :-) It's Saturday and after a crazy week it feels so nice to just veg out and relax. The weather this morning has turned into a full on romantic backdrop, with fog rolling in so thick that I can't even see past the front drive....for all you movie lovers imagine the ending scene in the new Pride & Prejudice when they are walking towards each other....that's right, I get to live it (well sort of, just not with Mr. Darcy!) Last night was a fun filled night of improv, the second annual theater sports night at Capernwray. And yes, I did participate, I was unknowingly signed up on a team with three guy friends who took the liberty of adding me...crazy kids. It ended up being such a blast and we came in second place (we should have been first...even ask the students!) There were certainly some VERY embarrassing moments, but being able to laugh my way out of them was a huge plus! For those of you who have experienced me in my crazy giddy times, you'll be able to have some idea of how silly I was last night.
Tonight we are having a fancy dress and silly games night (in England, fancy dress means costume dress up) so my theme is Pirate...it should turn out to be an interesting evening, with all of the costume plans that are coming out! I'll be sure to post pictures from yesterday and tonight on facebook and hopefully here soon!
I hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving! It was different not being with my family this year, but it didn't feel awful because all of the American students were going through the same type of emotions, so we were able to hang out and comfort each other. A large group went out and played American Football in the cow pastures, which was so much fun to watch..freezing, but fun! Then the kitchen staff did a really nice job of decorating the dining hall and serving us a very delicious substitute Thanksgiving meal. I really appreciated that, especially because they didn't have to do anything for us, I liked the fact that they took into consideration how big of a holiday it is for us!
Well, at the moment I can't think of anything else that is too exciting right now, but I will be sure to keep you all updated, so keep reading!
Love to you all...signing off from this side of the world...

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Ah, I miss you. I also like how you said you and all the kids from the Statues played "American Football..." Have your non-American football skills improved since being over there?