Saturday, November 8, 2008

Rain....

It's 8:30 at night here on Saturday the 8th of November, and it's raining...what a shocker! In fact, this week has been the driest since we arrived, so it is a bit hard to have to readjust to it again. I haven't minded the rain so much here, but it gets hard when there are so many moments when all you want to do is go outside and not get drenched!
I find that when it rains, I tend to mope and think a lot more about home and what I miss about, mostly the people. I think the rain has become a metaphor for my homesickness, when it comes it comes in waves and doesn't always affect me. But when it's a real storm, it just knocks me over like the rain here that comes at you from every possible angle that there is just no way of getting out of it without getting drenched.
I love it here in England and am not looking forward to the day I have to leave, but I still want those back home, to know how much I am looking forward to hearing from them...hint, hint....b/c I certainly want to be kept up to date with your lives, even though I'm so far away...I will be back and have to be updated!!! Post is always appreciated, doesn't matter how big or small, even a quick note will brighten my day!!! And there is a guarantee in my answering, one of my favorite things!!! just ask and my address will be given!

No comments: