Friday, January 2, 2009

IRELAND!!!

So, just imagine snow fall weather, but with no snow...that is how freezing it is here in Ireland, but I have to admit, it's kind of what makes me love it even more. I feel completely out of my element and in a different world...kind of the whole point of travel! It's Friday and my last full day here, the week has just flown by. I started with a ferry ride from Holyhead, Wales over to Dublin, and spent two days in Dublin sightseeing and doing all sorts of fun touristy things!! I enjoyed my first pint of Guinness at the Gravity Bar on top of the factory tour and spent time in, i know i know, another art museum...but hey I love it! I was able to beat the cold by just wandering around and spending the majority of my time just walking and taking in as much of the city as I could! I took the DART train down to Dun Laoghaire and spent two glorious nights in a very posh hotel right on the waterfront, let me tell you, it's worth it to take a little break and enjoy yourself on holiday!! Spent most of my time wandering along the waterfront and through the little town.
Yesterday, thursday, hopped on a train here to Galway and zipped through some gorgeous country to the western coast of Ireland. I was able to get a room in a very cute and cozy B&B and then walked down the the main drag to grab some food. After a very delicious dinner in an Italian restaurant, walked around, phoned home, then had dessert of Creme Brulee in a french bistro!! Finally, I headed out to find some music in a pub. As apprehensive as I was, I was determined to enjoy myself. I found myself sitting alone in Monroe's Tavern/Pub drinking my half pint of Carlsberg, when a group of girls warmly invited me to join them! I was delighted to join their fun and was quickly one of the girls...chatting away, laughing, and enjoying the music in front of us!
I woke up this morning and had a delicious breakfast at the B&B then headed out into the cold, once again. I'll have to let you all know what today and tomorrow consist of later, but just wanted to give a quick update! I can't wait to come back to Ireland again someday...any travel buddies out there?!?!
p.s. i love you all...

No comments: